What is PFZ?
An all-ceramic restoration with a zirconia core and a porcelain overlay. An alternative to PFM’s, the PFZ is more aesthetic than the total zirconia BruxZir® restoration and can be prescribed anywhere in the mouth. By integrating the best of class CAD/CAM systems, NDX has created a crown that delivers on price, fit, strength, and aesthetics.
- Scanned, designed and milled for a precision fit
- A perfection solution in anterior and posterior
- Metal free alternative to PFM’s
- Predictable price - No volatile gold costs.
- Large span bridges available
- Conventional cementation. Use your favorite cement.
- Zirconia strength:
- 2x stronger than alumina ceramics
- 5x stronger than conventional glass ceramics
- Strength of a PFM
- Aesthetics of an all ceramic:
- Natural translucency
- No black oxidation lines or gingival graying
- Beveled, feathered or knife-edge margins
- Tight inter-occlusal space where core may be exposed
- 2mm occlusal clearance
- 1mm deep, 360 degree chamfer margin
It is important to remember that scanning software and milling equipment will not reproduce sharp angles, points, or edges on a prep.
What to send
- Upper and lower models or impressions
- Bite registration
Medical Insurance Codes
- D2740 - Crown Porcelain/Ceramic